Holi Tour Nepal
Trip at a Glance
Holi Tour in Nepal: comprises of Sightseeing of some popular places in Nepal and visit Chitwan and Pokhara during the festival Holi. One must plan the trip to Nepal during the Holi festival and grab the opportunity to enjoy the colors of Holi. For a brief introduction, Holi is also known as “FaguPurnima” as it is celebrated on the full moon day of the Nepalese Falgun month (usually from February to March according to Solar Calendar). As per the Hindu mythology, this festival is celebrated for the conquest of good over evil and also the start of the spring season. The demoness Holika was burnt and destroyed in the fire set by herself to kill the prince Prahlad but got burnt herself to death. Hence, a bonfire is set up in this Holi festival. Holi is the festival of colors. From the Hindu mythology, Lord Krishna likes to play pranks on the girls (Gopinis) by splashing water and colors.View More
Day 01: Arrival in Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu.
You will be then transferred to Hotel destined by the representative of Step On Himalaya. Details of the program will be explained.
Day 02: Sightseeing of Kathmandu for the half day.
We will visit the Boudhanath (the biggest Stupa), the Pashupatinath Temple (Lord Shiva’s shrine), the Swayambhunath Stupa ( the Monkey Temple), etc. along with other UNESCO listed world heritage sites.
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara on a Tourist bus
After an early morning breakfast, we will drive to Pokhara on a Tourist bus, enjoying the countryside views.
Day 04: Holi celebration in Lakeside of Pokhara
Holi celebration in Lakeside of Pokhara, known as Paradise of tourists. This is the main day of the Holi Tour. Spraying and smearing colored powders, splashing water over each other, drinking Bhaang, eating varieties of food items are totally different kind of fun. Dancing and singing underwater sprinklers is another enjoyable activity.
Day 05: Head to Chitwan 6 hour drive
Today we will head to Chitwan, which is about 6 hours drive from Pokhara. Chitwan is the heaven of jungle activities. Another day of Holi is Chitwan is interesting and captivating.
Meal: Breakfast and Dinner
Day 06: A full day Jungle Safari
A full day Jungle Safari with different activities like Elephant back ride, visit Elephant breeding center, canoeing, Tharu stick dance and a cultural program in the evening. Packed lunch will be taken along with.
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Day 07: Jungle walks
Another day of Jungle walks after an early morning breakfast, then drive back to Kathmandu. A farewell dinner is planned in a typical Nepalese cuisine restaurant.
Meal: Breakfast and Dinner
Day 08: Final Departure
The Representative of Step On Himalaya will take you to the Airport at least 3 hours prior the scheduled flight.
What is included?
- 3* Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara on twin sharing with breakfast as days mentioned in the itinerary.
- Full board (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) and twin sharing accommodation in Chitwan with 1 full day of jungle activities.
- Tourist coach from Kathmandu- Pokhara- Chitwan- Kathmandu.
- The required number of Government certified English-speaking trekking guide and supporting staff.
- Guided City Tour of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- All ground transportations including transfer to airports/trekking starting–ending points.
- Trekking map and t-shirt for each member.
- Salary, allowances, travel expenses for all trekking and tour staffs
What is not included?
- Nepal visa fee, payable at the airport on arrival (multiple entry US $40 for 30 days or US $25 for 15 days).
- Lunch and dinner in the cities (while not in the trekking region).
- Personal trekking and adventure gear, clothing and accessories.
- Extra supporting staff, laundry, battery charge, and communication expenses (such as internet charges).
- Personal expenses like bar bill, snacks, water, chocolate.
- Expenses incurred due to emergency evacuation/natural disasters, or for personal reasons.
- Entrance fees during the city sightseeing and any adventure activities in Pokhara and Kathmandu.
- Tips and any gratitude for trekking staffs and tour guide.
- Any further services not mentioned in ‘What is included’ section.