Lukla flights Update to Manthali Airport
Update for Rerouting of Lukla flights to Manthali Airport
Construction has been commenced at Domestic Airport of Kathmandu. The airport will remain open from 8 am onwards till 10 pm daily for about 14 hours. The timing has affected the Lukla flights adversely as most of the flights to Lukla are usually from 6 am to 8 am daily. A formal announcement has been effectively circulated to all the trekking agencies and companies by the Airlines. Apology for all the inconveniences but all the flights from/to Lukla has been rerouted to Manthali Airport at Ramechhap from Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu to be effective from 1st April 2019 to 30th July 2019 till next announcement.
The trekkers will be facing some kind of problems as they have to drive to Ramechhap first and then fly to Lukla from Manthali airport and follow the same route back to Kathmandu. Hence, Step On Himalaya wants to guide our valued clients through this article in order to overcome any kind of hindrances due to this diversion to Manthali airport, Ramechhap.
Information about Manthali Airport
Manthali The airport is located at an elevation of 474m above sea level and a distance of about 132 km east of the capital city, Kathmandu. It is situated in the Tamakoshi river valley of Manthali. Manthali is the headquarters of Ramechhap District. It takes about 4 to 5 hours by road from Kathmandu to reach Manthali.
Manthali is a local town in Ramechhap. It is not a tourist spot so the accommodation facility is limited. As the Lukla flights are to take off from Manthali airport, it might be little difficult to find accommodation during the peak trekking season especially in the months of April to May. This is the peak time for the hotels, airlines as well as the government to earn. But due to this renovation at Domestic airport of Kathmandu and this diversion to Manthali airport has added to expenses as extra aircraft crew and staff are deputed at Manthali airport.
Transportation and Accommodation in Manthali
If you have confirmed your booking of Lukla flights already, please contact the Airlines or travel agencies or companies. They will surely coordinate and settle down the changes accordingly to ease your travel. About the transportation, if you are a single traveler, you have to arrange the transportation on your own. If you are visiting Nepal through any travel or trekking agencies, please do inform early to avoid any forthcoming problems for transportation and accommodation in Manthali.
If you are a solo traveler, here is the way to Manthali:
- Go to Koteshwor. It is a station for the local bus or jeep to different places of Nepal.
- You can book the seat on a local bus or a regular jeep going to Manthali. The departure time usually starts at 6:30 am morning until 1 pm in the afternoon.
Arrangement by Step On Himalaya to Manthali
Step On Himalaya has planned the following methods for the changes in the packages due to rerouting to Manthali airport.
- A private, comfortable vehicle is arranged to go directly to Manthali according to your flight schedule. This will reduce the chances of catching the flight as early as possible to avoid an overnight stay in Manthali. For instance, if your flight departure time is 6:30 am, we will start at 1 am from Kathmandu.
- The arrangement of a tent accommodation is made ready by the representative of Step On Himalaya if in case of cancellation of flights due to any reasons. However, you need to have your own sleeping bags.
- Extra cash in hand is advised but with safety.
Step On Himalaya will accommodate the changes in the ticket paid for Kathmandu to Lukla as below:
- Ground transportation from Kathmandu to Manthali to Kathmandu
- Domestic Flight from Manthali Airport to Lukla
- Tent Accommodation for emergency
If you still are deciding, Step On Himalaya request you to give a chance to serve you with all the best services and facilities. Please let us know through the inquiries or email to email@example.com. Step On Himalaya will do all the necessary arrangements for your comfortable travel.
Author: Step On Himalaya
Date: 20th March, 2019