Mount Everest is the highest mountain in the world at 8,848 meters (29,029 ft). It is located in Nepal and was first climbed in 1953 by Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa.
It is the tallest peak in the Himalayan range and is the highest point on Earth's surface outside of Asia. Mount Everest is the highest mountain peak in the world at 29,029 feet above sea level. It is located in the Himalayan Mountains between Nepal and Tibet.
There are many different routes to reach the top of the mountain, but the standard route is via the Khumbu Icefall.
The icefall is a glacier that covers the mountainside and is about 1.5 miles long. Climbers have to cross the icefall using fixed ropes and ladders. Once they reach the South Col (29,035 ft), they then have to climb to the summit. The final ascent takes around 5 hours.
Let's see the top facts about mount Everest.
Facts of the World's Highest Peak - Mount Everest
1. Mount Everest is the highest mountain peak on Earth at 8,848 meters (29,029 ft) above sea level. It is located in the Himalayas, between Nepal and Tibet.
One of the best lifetime experience trekking you can do here. Everest trekking is well renowned by travelers around the world and is highly visited in its season’s time.
2. Mount Everest was first climbed in 1953 by New Zealander Sir Edmund Hillary and Nepalese Tenzing Norgay Sherpa. They made history and made people know that everything is possible in this world.
Climbing Mount Everest was a dream for many trekkers but seems very difficult for a long period of time. But Hillary and Tensing made this possible.
3. The summit of Mount Everest is visible from space. Yes, you heard it right.
Mount Everest is such a giant that even from space you can see the glaciers of Mount Everest. It is said that it’s just a spectacular view from space.
4. There are no roads leading to the top of Mount Everest. Everest is covered with snow all the time, so to reach there you need a hard walkthrough. That means you don’t get a road to reach Everest.
5. The temperature at the summit of Mount Everest is -51°C (-62°F). The place is very freezing and can cause death if precautions are not taken on time. You need to prepare yourself mentally and physically before planning to reach Mount Everest.
6. Mount Everest is the tallest mountain in the world. Because of such, various trekkers visit Nepal every single year. Being on top of the world provides immense peace and a spiritual experience. You can experience here a lifetime journey that you never imagined.
7. Mount Everest is the only mountain in the world taller than both the Alps and the Andes mountains combined. This is just insane, isn’t it?
8. Mount Everest is the largest mountain range in the world. It contains a length of approx: 2600km and a width of 350kms. It is situated between Nepal and Tibet, and the few ranges touch the china region also.
9. Mount Everest is the world's highest point above sea level. It has the highest altitude from sea level, which is 29029 feet(8849 meters). At 8849 meters, this is considered the tallest point on earth as compared to other peaks like Karakoram (8611 m.) and Kanchenjunga (8586 m.).
10. Mount Everest is the fifth-highest mountain in the world. It ranks behind Kilimanjaro, Aconcagua, Elbrus, and Carstensz Pyramid.
11. Mount Everest is the third-most frequently climbed mountain after Mount Rainier and Mount McKinley. Some claim that Mount Fuji (in Japan) is the most climbed mountain in 2021-2022.
12. Mount Everest is the second-most popular mountain in the world. Only Mount Kilimanjaro is more popular. Every trekker has a dream to experience Mount Everest peaks. It is said that it is the most difficult and simultaneously more satisfying trekking experience.
14. Mount Everest is the youngest mountain in the world. Its age is estimated to be around 1 million years old.
15. Mount Everest is the most dangerous mountain in the world. More people have died climbing Mount Everest than any other mountain.
Though the Mount Everest trekking to the peak provides you confidence and spiritual peace of mind, it contains a dangerous path for many.
Despite being the highest mountain in the world, it is considered remarkably dangerous. In 2022, the last count the death recorded was 210 from 3600 attempts to be on top of Everest.
We are into this travel tour and trekking service for the last two decades. We have provided a safe and beautiful experience of Annapurna and Everest trekking.
Please kindly check our itinerary:
Annapurna base camp: Click here
Date: 28th October, 2022